Friday, March 27, 2009

Take the Trees Away!


This morning the crew showed up at about 8:30 am. I greeted them, and they said they were waiting for the truck. Actually, they were waiting for two trucks. That would hog the entire street.

But, bit by bit, my two large acacia trees that cast huge shadows are now coming down. I'll miss the shadows and the shade, but I won't miss the threats the trees pose.

As I type this, they're mulching the large pieces that come off. At least I think that's what that booming dental-type noise is.

Oh, just now I saw the big crane at work! They moved it in between my house and the next, then lowered it to pick up one of the huge branches. Then the crane brought it over to the street and lowered it. At one point, one of the workers asked me to step back. I was busy taking photographs to notice that I might be stubbed out like a cigarette.

The space in the back is getting lighter and lighter, although there is still a great deal of brush back there. Wow.

That last photo shows the last big tree trunk being lifted out. There's still a trunk left, but it's close to the ground. I wondered briefly what would happen if it slammed into the house....and decided not to mentally go there.

No comments: