Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Taking the BART Train

You never know who you're gonna meet on a BART train. I sat down on the Oakland 19th Street Pittsburg train, and -- lo and behold -- there was a women's wallet in the next seat over.

I looked around. We're in motion. Nobody's near it. It's a lost wallet.

I searched inside. Credit cards. Driver's license....belonging to a young woman who lives on the Peninsula. Cash, but not a great deal. I finally find a business card. Her name isn't on the card, but the email address is her initials. So I call the phone number and leave a message. And, with my phone, I sent an email.

Right after George and I had had breakfast in Lafayette and were motoring to the Reservoir for our walk, she called. Gush, gush, gush: lots of thank you's. She's coming over to my house tonight even though I said I'd mail it to her if she wanted.

Hey, I'd want my wallet back right away, too.

No comments: