Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Removing the 'Ol Tree

I brought landscapers out to look at installing a drip and spray system in order to water my lawn and the plants. I rejected their exhorbitant offer quickly enough, but when the three of us stood around, they casually mentioned, oh, that's a big acacia tree. And I not-so-casually noticed (actually, with much alarm), that it was towering towards the deck and roof of the house. They told me I could have it removed, and said they would send me the name of the arborist they deal with.

I knew I'd never get that name, and I haven't yet, but I really welcomed that idea.

So I went on Yelp and found The Professional Tree Care Company. They had two good refererences.


Craig Hancock, Consulting Arborist, came out today, and agreed with me that the giant black acacia should be removed. He said that, because the tree grows quickly, the cells are not densely packed, and limbs tend to break off easily. And it also rots easily. We went around to the side and looked at the massive tree trunk.

It's cheaper and easier to leave the trunks of the two trees. He agreed to treat them so that the proliferous plant shoots wouldn't grow back. I will see an estimate by email within a few days. Yes!!!

No comments: