Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Training 2009: Day Five, and Time to Go Home

I'm actually typing this on my Southwest flight. Isn't that cool! I got an email from them yesterday, saying they were featuring Wi-Fi on my flight, free of charge. I understand that future flights will feature Wi-Fi for a charge.

As I was boarding my flight, I saw Candi in line with her family. She spent 2 weeks in Phoenix, attending A's games. Candi puts together the spring training package for A's Booster Club members. I have joined up with her twice, but not this time. I asked her how it went, and she said that, for once, there were no problems. She had to scale back from 90 rooms to 50 rooms because of the economy, but sold out all 50 at the Embassy Suites on N. 44th St. I asked her how the newly renovated rooms at the Embassy Suites are, and she just shook her head. It seems that they decided not to go through with it due to economic reasons.

I also asked her, what do you think of the A's? She and I agreed that, for once, they had hitting and no pitching, "but I'm still an A's fan," she said. We agreed on that.

I had a great time this trip. I got to see a new park, some old ones, and talked with several people. I never initiate conversations -- well, rarely -- but people like to talk about their favorite team. It's very casual, non-stressed.

And I fell in love this trip. I love the GPS. I turned it on when I went to Budget Rent-a-Car, and that was already programmed into the machine. Very easy. I am determined to get one for my own.

And I will bring it next year to Phoenix for Spring Training.

No comments: