Monday, August 20, 2007

It Takes a Village to Build a Flower Bed


It's been about 4 hours since they started the project.

I went to my medical appointment, the bank, Costco, the post office. Lunch at the bottom of a pepperoni slice. And when I got back, all the big stones were gone.

One photo is this morning, the other is this afternoon.

The "village" is: My sweetie envisioned it, I budgeted for it and built it into a much larger project, and Martinez Construction guys are making it real. Very nice. Oh -- also, there's a dead bush that they will remove. It froze during the winter and never recovered.

I have no idea what will go in these two flower beds. Or what will replace the plant. I'm hoping my sweetie, the one with the green thumb, will take charge. When she gets a break from school, that is.

And the music is now rhythm and blues. I recognize most of the songs. Go figure.

1 comment:

Rabbi Ruth Adar said...

I love reading these, especially when I'm feeling far from home.

Dawn and I have been plotting about plantings. I hope that's OK.

much love,

Sweetie.