Monday, August 20, 2007

Bolting Me to the Foundation

I'm excited. No, not about the construction project of bolting the house to the foundation.

I could do without the underground project. It's expensive. It's noisy, dusty, a crew walking around early in the morning. At one point today, there will be two jackhammers competing for my irritation.

I wasn't prepared for the constant Mexican music surrounding the house in a protective aura.

I will be glad when the underground project is done, especially if they don't find any more new problems.

But I am excited about the front yard landscaping. They're taking out the rocks and putting in a redwood framework and dirt. It should look spectacular when it's done!

1 comment:

Rabbi Ruth Adar said...

"two jackhammers competing for my irritation."

I love your writing.