Saturday, July 25, 2009

Comic Con 2009: Saturday - In Search of Ballroom 20

I'm finally sitting in Ballroom 20 after spending two-and-a-half hours on my feet. Rick and I wandered from tent to tent in a tightly-controlled line in an effort to get into see "V", the first full episode of the new series. The show was going on at 2:45pm, so we got in line at 11 to make sure we had plenty of time.


Before that, we trolled around the dealer's huge room for freebies, and found quite a few, including Twilight posters and cards, Gamer posters, a Coraline piece of memorabilia to promote the DVD release, Stargate posters, and more. We roamed around and found Jeff Conaway (Babylon 5 and Grease!) and Nichelle Nichols signing autographs at the Wizard booth, Leonard Nimoy signing at another autograph booth, and many more I didn't recognize.

We got caught up in the moment at the Stargate booth when they were giving away an Amanda Tapping autograph. I thought it was a pre-autographed photo, but when I won one, I realized I get a wristband, have to return at 3pm, stand in line for an hour or more for her to sign 100 autographs, and then have something for her to sign. I couldn't do any of that, so I pointed to the guy next to me in the big crowd, and he got it. We were actually hoping to win some DVDs, but that didn't happen.

We keep going by the Paramount booth to see what they're giving away. We actually tried to get in line this morning, which loops over by the Cafe and on down by the wall for several hundred feet, but had to give up when we realize that all those wristbands had been given away. Oh, well....I didn't want a foam Vulcan finger anyway.

It's now close to 3pm and we still haven't seen any programming yet, but that's about to start. We hope to see the entire first episode of "V".

No comments: