Friday, July 24, 2009

Comic Con 2009: Preview Night and Preview Night

I am so far beyond the Padres game that I can't really talk about it. The Marlins' pitcher was on. There was very little hitting on either side. The park is absolutely beautiful, perched near the bay, but with a design that sometimes makes it hard to find your way, or even your way out.

At 3:30pm, I found Ricky near the stairs of the convention center, and we got in line for registration. Registration was really easy, but registering for 2010, something we wanted to take care of, was difficult. That was so easy last year: just step up to a computer, enter your information, and you're done. The computers were done. But that gave me time to call Debbie at home and ask her some questions. By the time the computers were up, in about 15 minutes, I registered for her, too, for next year.

There are a couple of things I wanted to definitely do at the convention. One of them was pick up the Joss Whedon Dollhouse DVD that I had pre-ordered. It has a letter from Joss, numbered within 2500. And I wanted to sell it on eBay.

For the first time ever, they offered programming on Wednesday night. We wanted to see the entire first episode of V, the remake of the TV miniseries from the '80's, but I insisted on going into the convention floor vendor area to get that DVD. Two hours later, I had the DVD and we had trolled up and down, trying to find free stuff. I did collect some, but I noticed that some booths that were great for that are no longer there, like Inkworks or the Sci Fi Channel.

As we always do on our first night, we took the free shuttle over to the Ralph's store, got our provisions, and were about to get back on the shuttle to take us back to the convention center, and then on a trolley to take us to the Worldmark (WM) unit when I noticed a cab. We took the cab. It cost $6.50. We were tired.

We had to get up at 5:15am the next morning. So I posted a few things on eBay and then we hit the sack.

No comments: