Friday, March 14, 2008

Getting Ready for Spring Training

It's almost here.

Well, it's actually here for those who are in Phoenix visiting the various spring training parks every day. But for me, I will leave tomorrow and go to my first game on Sunday afternoon.

Haircut: Got my new spring training haircut. It's 'way too short, but I like that...it's easier to sweat under a cap every day.

Packing: 5 t-shirts with Oakland A's written on them. I almost forgot to pack pants. I thought I was through after I threw the shirts in.

Cameras (two): check.
Camera USB cables to upload photos to computer: check.
Sunscreen: check.
Book on who's coming up in the minor leagues: Check.

This last one is pretty important, as most of the players I'll be watching are newbies. Oh, sure, I'll be cheering on Mark Ellis, Rich Harden, Eric Chavez (if he even gets to play due to his recovery from multiple surgeries), and Joe Blanton, and guys-I-saw-for-the-first-time-last year, like Jack Hannahan, Donnie Murphy, Jack Cust, and Daric Barton.

The A's are currently 3rd in the spring training rankings, as if it's a race. It's not. But I think their talent is showing.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

Dawn Kepler said...

you better have packed hats!