Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The A's Win! The A's Win!

The A's posted their first win of the season, and they did it in Tokyo.

This time I didn't get up when the game started, which was at 3 am. I got up at 5:30 am, so that I could watch the game before I had to leave at 7:45 am. It was absolutely fantastic!

Rich Harden was dominant, but that's no surprise to us Oaklanders. He has always been dominant when he's healthy. He has so many pitches and he also throws a 95-mph+ fastball to set off his breaking pitches. However, I noticed in spring training and during this game that he isn't throwing all of his pitches. The rumor is that he stopped throwing any that might further injure his shoulder. It didn't seem to matter. The Red Sox only scored 3 runs during the entire game, including a Manny Ramirez homerun.

I'm really beginning to dislike that guy. He was showboating around the bases. He will certainly hear the catcalls when the Red Sox come to Oakland for the home opener next week. I will be there for the 2nd game against them.

Can't wait.

No comments: