Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Duper Tuesday!

It's Super Tuesday. I'm glued to the T.V. set.

I wanted to write about the raw deal that I think Hillary is getting. The media is reporting it, but it didn't start in the media. It started around 16 years ago when the First Lady tried to get a health care agenda through the White House. She was destroyed by Hillary Haters. It continues today.

Last fall I went onto cafepress.com to see if I could pick up a Hillary Clinton t-shirt. What I found amazed me. Most of the shirts weren't go Hillary, or Hillary in 2008. They were slathered with slogans villifying her, sometimes in the most disgusting way.

One of the worst, I thought, was: Monica Lewinsky's Ex Boyfriend's Wife for President '08

And this is for something who is FOR Hillary Clinton??

Here are some more bumper stickers and t-shirts, and not just at CafePress but from other sites:

GoPee on Hillary

Run Hillary Run: If Republican Place on Front Bumper, If Democrat place on Back

Oh, but gosh, there are so many more, and many posted on anti-Hillary websites, like:
No Way in Hellary!
The Bitch is Back
Life is a Bitch, Don't Vote for One
Huck Fillary
Hillaryous
Anyone But Hillary

And there are quite a few equating Hillary to Communism. What is THAT about?

But, in my mind, the absolute worst: Hillary Meal Deal: 2 fat thighs, 2 small breasts, and a bunch of left wings."

Would you ever see such a display of anti-woman, mysognistic, sexist crap about ANY other candidate? This one is a woman, they're saying: she's fair game.

One thing I haven't seen, and I'm glad: nobody's talking about her hair. Isn't that a relief?

I was ready for this layering of vitriol on the female candidate. Get ready for this kind of campaign. However....there's a new target in town:

John McCain.

McCain is not a true conservative. Rush Limbaugh declares him unfit to hold office. Several Republicans high in office have claimed they won't vote for the man; they'd rather have Hillary or Obama in office.

My God. Is a Democratic victory going to be that easy?

So, stay tuned. We'll see how much vitriol there is in American politics. It may be stupid, it may be crass and so beneath us as intelligent voters, but it sure is interesting.

1 comment:

Mortart said...

I fear that a Democratic victory will not be easy. I'm convinced that we'll be stuck with a Republican in the White House again. I'm convinced that neither Hillary or Obama is as electable as McCain. But since he has so many bad guys (Rush Limbough & Co.) bad-mouthing him, McCain might turn out to be far more tolerable that George Bush.