Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lock-Down

I finished my errands at the two banks, and decided I had time to get a haircut this morning at 11. Elegant Hair & Nails was on my speed dial, so I called them up. She said, "When?" just like that, short. I said, "How about 5 minutes?" She answered solely with, "Come."

She had to unlock the bolt lock to let me in. It was 11 am and there was no one there. Business continues to be slow, I noted. That's one reason why I wanted to come to a local shop.

Not too long, not too short. I think it's just how I like it. (I won't really know until tomorrow.)

I was wondering about why their doors were locked. It could be a rash of robberies, but I think it's more likely due to the BART protests and violence. The shop is about 5 blocks from San Leandro BART.

While she was scissoring my hair, a clean-cut guy came into the shop. He represents a new insurance company and he just wanted to drop off some literature. Interesting. We're not used to hearing "new business in the area."

As I left the shop, I could hear the "click" behind me as she bolted the door.

No comments: