Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Rat-Man Cometh... and Takes Something with Him this Time

I called David from Capable Pest Control because I saw something in the trap downstairs in the storage room.

He set the trap in July, so I knew I'd be paying extra for the visit. No problem. I couldn't tell what it was, but it was big, and it was dead. And I wasn't tippytoeing up to the furry mess to find out what it truly was. But I had my suspicions.

I thought I had just thrown money away when I brought Capable out. He seemed rather unprofessional. They had just started their business. They didn't yet accept credit cards. But he seemed to think that a Snickers bar would do the trick in terms of bait, and set several traps, both in the storage room and in the crawl space.

I had taken his suggestions and filled the holes leading into the house. Thankfully my handyman saw more than David had, and filled those, too. I really don't see how anything could've gotten into that storage room.

Except that it had.

David came out this morning and using rather ordinary means -- tongs and a plastic bag -- hauled TWO rats away! Wow!! and Yay! Both were in the traps set in the storage room. I saw that the 2nd trap had been turned over, but had kind of assumed it was because I had had workmen in the room (shoring up the holes).

I'll have to keep this quiet. If sweetie and friends find out, I may be a hermit here. Forever.

No comments: