Saturday, August 15, 2009

More Musings about the Star Trek Convention


Here are some comments about the Star Trek Convention:

There doesn't seem to be a future for the Star Trek: Experience. We went by Neonopolis, and while there was a building, there was absolutely no activity or construction.

Stephen Collins (Seventh Heaven, Tales of the Gold Monkey, Star Trek: The Motion Picture): "I did see a Klingon at a slot machine last night." No kidding. They were all over the place, particularly on Thursday when Martok and Gowron were in full regalia. Stephen has joined the twitter world: bassisland. I think I'll follow him. I just hope he doesn't talk too much about fish.

I was really impressed with "young Spock," a 10-year-old actor named Jakob Kogan. I think I'll watch his movie from 2008, "Joshua."

Leonard and Bill were quite funny on stage together. They really are good together, and you get the feeling they are close friends. I was quite taken with emotion, though, when Leonard said he was worried about losing his memory. I have a feeling it's why he "retired" a few years ago, only to be offered more and more parts. He was on his way to Vancouver to do "Fringe" a few months ago, and they got him his lines while he was in the airport. The airline printed it out for him. He was sweating that he wouldn't be able to get the mouthful of speech he had to make. How interesting. How heartwarming and understandable.

Christopher Lloyd was terrific on stage. I really enjoyed the story he told about how Eric Stolz lost his part in Back to the Future to Michael J. Fox. I had always wondered what happened. And hearing Lloyd's take on why was the interesting part.

No comments: