Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Need a Vacation

I'm watching the A's in Detroit. They're giving the game away. While they have over 10 hits, they are not hitting well in hitting situations when men are on base. George says that when things aren't going well, every time you look up, it's 0-and-2. No kidding.

I went to the A's Booster Club board meeting that night, and nobody wanted to talk about the A's and how they're playing. Several did add, however, that they're not fond of Matt Holliday. An expensive pick-up, we all figure he'll be gone by mid-season. He is 4-for-4 today, I believe, and it seems his bat is finally coming around. But not before many people have been turned off.

The A's have the lowest whatever in almost every category. Even their vaunted relief pitching is sinking lower, mostly because our inexperienced starters can't get out of the 3rd, 4th, or 5th innings. Even the best relief pitcher gets tired.

The demise of the Oakland A's explains why no one is going to the park. Why BART is losing membership. Why Comcast is losing viewers. Why global warming is bringing wasps back in the spring. Why world peace seems to be unreachable.

So I'm going to Disneyland! This has nothing to do with the A's, but I think it'll be a relief not going to the games, not finding them on T.V. or radio wherever I am during the day. I'm just worn out.

No comments: