Friday, February 13, 2009

Angel's Camp


When I woke up this morning, I went over to the window to see what it was like outside. I saw fog. But when I looked closer, the white became snow.

Snow!!!

Nobody knew it was going to snow today! The trees were covered in it, the cars below were almost buried. I wondered about my own car, white, almost invisible beneath the snow.

I went outside into the parking lot and took photos.

As a matter of fact, shortly after that, the snow began to melt, rapidly. By the time we drove out toward the grocery store, the roads were clear. When we returned about 2 hours later, traces of snow were all that was left. Amazing.

This is our first day in Angel's Camp. The other family comes in today. We have no idea what we'll be doing. Driving in the snow would've hampered that. But it would have been so beautiful.

No comments: