Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A House By Any Color Would Smell as Sweet


It's a fabulous house. Oh, sure, a lot of work needs to be done to it, but not as much as I figured. And not as much as my house did seven years ago.

We have a little argument going as to whether it's purple or blue. I now know it's blue. It's not a color I would originally have chosen, but you can pick it out easily as you turn the corner. It kind of fits the house.

Bob the inspector did his thing today. The same inspector I had seven years ago at Earl! The same irascible guy, brutally honest, schoolteacher demeanor, really a pleasant guy to listen to and learn from. He went on top, underneath, briefly into the attic, and turned on every switch he could find. Many of the switches did not work, just a hint that the electrical needs upgrading. But the plumbing, which I figured would take just as much maintenance to correct, is not bad at all.

This little two-bedroom place with the big backyard is solidly built. They used to say they don't make them like they used to. In this case, they'd be right.

Something will happen on this house in the next two weeks. We hope it works out.

No comments: